Invitations without the invoice
In DIY, Stationery on February 4, 2009 at 9:50 am
1. Create a Facebook event. Yay.
2. Email a pdf of your invite. Then you can fill your invites with as many colours and flourishes as your heart desires.
2. Illustrate it yourself, if you’re half decent with a pencil.
Illustration by Liam Stevens
3. Send a postcard with a handwritten personalised note to each guest.
4. Use online stationery companies, like MyGatsby (a tasteful US company), Friends Invited (a less tasteful but cheap UK company), VistaPrint or Printed4U (UK based).
You need to trawl through some dodgy designs to find anything decent. This quick example is from Printed4U at £50 for 60.
5. Steal inspiration from everywhere then design your own. Look high, then spend low. Try Bumblebee Press, Smock Paper, Sweetbeets and Twig & Fig.
6. Embrace arts and crafts. Make your own from lots of templates following instructions here. Warning: some are quite dodgy.
Make your own Calla Lily invite