Confetti shouldn’t cost a thing. It is simply daft to spend any money on something that is literally going to be tossed on the floor. Some people release doves, or blow trumpets. Okaaay. Here’s some confetti ideas that are as cheap as they should be:
1. Rice. The classic option. I’d say long grain easy cook is a winner.
2. Hole punch confetti.
3. Dried petals, stolen over a number of weeks from your local park. For kleptomaniac Londoners, Victoria Park has a marvellous rose garden.
4. Bubbles. Also, very eco. Just make sure they wont stain your dress.
5. Lavender rice.
6. Brightly coloured popcorn. Sweet, not salty. Again, be warned about staining your gown.
7. Birdseed. Very eco (ahem, cheap).
8. The big balloon release. Very grand, very un-eco.
9. White feathers. No need to add tar.
10. Leaves. Not sure about this one.