Price Tag Shock Syndrome is frequently reported in regard to bridal shoes. The cost-per-wear is incredibly high and generally they’re icky, tasteless items. Here’s the Credit Crunch Bride’s guide to avoiding wasting vast amounts of cash on shoes you’ll never wear again:
1. Fashion first, wedding second. A good rule of thumb is if you wouldn’t dream of wearing that style normally, don’t let your fashion suffer for your wedding.
2. Don’t do white. Pewter, red, gold, taupe or silver are infinitely more re-wearable.
3. No one will see them. If you’re wearing a full length dress, get something cheap, comfy and not too high. It’s not as if anyone will ever know if you even wear trainers. Pick up cheapos from Monsoon and save your Jimmy Choo budget for another time.
4. Highstreet can work. Coast and Dune have lots of bridalish options.
Here’s Marie Claire’s Top 10 bridal shoes.
5. Wear flip flops and bring some hippyish charm to your nuptials.