In Bridesmaids, flowergirls & pageboys, Decoration, DIY, Flowers on February 23, 2009 at 11:41 am
After the enthusiasm for The Totally Cheapest Bridal Bouquets Ever, it seems time to release Part 2. Ladies, put those floral worries aside, here’s some alternatives to the classic bridal bouquet:
1. The dried flower bouquet – it’ll never wilt and you can put it together yourself weeks before. Imagine the aroma of lavender wafting down the aisle.
Californian based Lavender Fanatic
2. The origami bouquet – if you are blessed with endless patience, this could be a route for you.
A solution for brides who don't have jobs
3. The Wire Bouquet – This one’s more for the rock chick bride. Make it barbed wire if you’re really alternative.
wire bouquet for the 'hard as nails' bride
4. The Etsy bouquet – there’s always an alternative version of a bouquet on Etsy, which is an online marketplace for independent designers. Try The Storque for recent creations.
$105 for 24 silk roses, each with real branches
5. Balloons as your bouquet. Flower girls with miniature balloons? Whats not to like?
A bouquet of balloons
6. A fan. Blushing brides with fans are sexy, it’s a science fact.
7. Peacock feathers. A single one, or a fan of them.
In Confetti, Decoration, DIY on February 19, 2009 at 12:50 pm
Confetti shouldn’t cost a thing. It is simply daft to spend any money on something that is literally going to be tossed on the floor. Some people release doves, or blow trumpets. Okaaay. Here’s some confetti ideas that are as cheap as they should be:
1. Rice. The classic option. I’d say long grain easy cook is a winner.
2. Hole punch confetti.
Simply hole punch a lot of coloured card
3. Dried petals, stolen over a number of weeks from your local park. For kleptomaniac Londoners, Victoria Park has a marvellous rose garden.
4. Bubbles. Also, very eco. Just make sure they wont stain your dress.
5. Lavender rice.
6. Brightly coloured popcorn. Sweet, not salty. Again, be warned about staining your gown.
7. Birdseed. Very eco (ahem, cheap).
8. The big balloon release. Very grand, very un-eco.
9. White feathers. No need to add tar.
Or, blow the confetti budget on.... ostrich feathers
10. Leaves. Not sure about this one.