For the financially challenged bride, there are many things you can’t splurge on – the dress, the venue, the number of guests, the booze, the flowers. Luckily there is one thing that you can go crazy on, really splurge right ahead on, and comparatively not totally blow your budget. Yes, ribbons. You can fill your wedding with the most exotic, luxurious of ribbons. Add a swathe of Dupioni silk ribbon here and a loop of extra wide satin ribbon there for an atmosphere of outrageous opulence. Here’s where you can put ribbon to use at your wedding:
1. Wrapping your bouquet Huge draped bows of fine silk will add class to even the most amateurish of home-made bouquets.
2. Tied on invitations, placenames, signage or wedding favours.
3. Embellishing your dress
4. Tied in flower girls’ hair or even your own.
5. Round chair covers and wedding cake. Get some nice fat Grosgrain ribbon from CarnMeal.
6. Tied to tin cans
7. Instead of a ring cushion