Wetherspoons is not a destination synonymous with weddings. Some would say it is, ahem, more known for lager louts and beer swilling. However, in the midst of a recession that has Mervyn King shaking in his boots, it suddenly seems a glorious idea.
For £3000 you can have an all-inclusive wedding for one hundred guests at the surprisingly picturesque Knights Templar, London.
For your money you get:
• exclusive use of the venue – Sat until 1am; Sun until midnight.
• three-course sit-down meal or buffet for 100 people.
• sparkling wine for the toast (up to 100 guests).
• wine on the table – Coldwater Creek wine to accompany the meal.
• table decorations.
• post-meal capacity for 300 people.
• live DJ (or you can arrange your own or a live band, at your cost).
• a wedding host.
• assistance with booking discounted rates at top local hotels.